NEW PUBLIC PROFESSIONALS AND
THE PROBLEM OF BURNOUT.
Read the title of the text, the sentence in the box under the title and paragraph 1.
1a. What is the purpose of this text?
the purpose is to understand the concept of “burnout” and it’s Reasons that happens to people when they become “professionals”.
b. What is “burnout” in the workplace?
burnout is change in attitude and behavior in response to a demanding, frustrating, unrewarding work experience.
2. List three examples of how new public professionals change during the first years of their careers.
1. They lost much of their idealism.
2. They became less trusting and sympathetic toward clients, students, or patients.
3. They became less committed and invested in their jobs.
3. What kind of jobs cause burnout?
work in very demanding, frustrating, or boring jobs
|מילות מפתח||13, אנגלית, בסיסי, ממן|