ממן 11 לקורס אנגלית מתקדמים א – The Mismeasure of Woman
חומר הלימוד למטלה:
Workbook – Part 1
ניתן להיעזר בטיפים שנמצאים בדף הבית.
“.Mamanim and Tippim -יש ללחוץ על הלינק “ממ”נים וטיפים
נא ראו הוראות והמלצות בעמוד 10:
The Mismeasure of Woman
- a. Check (P) the eye-catching features* that appear in this text.
source of the text
P date of publication
P subtitle or information under the title
biographical information about the author
P section headings which divide the text into different topics
bold or italicized letters
P tables/graphs/charts/maps/ pictures
P bibliography/ references/further reading
- What specific behavioral differences between the sexes are mentioned in the
eye-catching features? List any three.
(One has been done as an example)
- Women are better than men at smiling
- women are better than men at spelling
- men are more aggressive physically than women
- According to the eye-catching features on the first page of the text, what is the author’s opinion regarding the differences between the sexes?
The author’s opinion is that the differences between the sexes starts from the beginning since they born and it’s not depends on the child’s education
(2+2+4 = 8 points)
- Why do boys and girls behave differently?
- What was the answer to this question in the past?
The answer was because the child’s education , for example , which toys and dolls each sex played
- According to current thinking, what additional factor could be responsible for some of the differences?
The additional factor could be the toys or dolls each sex played
(2+2 = 4 points)
- Based on paragraph 2, what is the difference between “biological” and “cultural”
Cultural characteristics are the result of changed circumstances, but “biological” characteristics are the result of evolution
|מילות מפתח||The Mismeasure of Woman - ממן 11|